Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Still Going Strong!!!





So as you can see Makynna is still doing so good. The doctors can not believe how good she is doing. Its still early to say but her white blood cell count is starting to make its way up which is what we want. She has to get her count up to the 500 before she can come out of isolation. As you can see Makynna is very swollen because they are pumping her full of fluids. Due to all the medications they are giving her its making her retain water. When we were first admitted into the Hospital she weighed 20 lbs 9 oz and today when they weighed her she weighed 24 lbs. She is so heavy to. They say that as soon as she come off of all the meds she will drop all the excess water weight and not be swollen anymore. So each day gets better and better lets just hope to keep up the pattern.

6 comments:

Sarie said...

Seriously I say little prayers every time I think of the little babe of yours. I'm so happy to hear she's doing well. I check your blog all of the time!

Sarie said...

How is Jake doing with everything? Did he recover from his procedure ok?

The White Way said...

Ya he is a amazing little boy. After the procedure he was up playing, running and jumping around. He never complained once about being sore. He even said when he woke up from it all " its already over, I didn't feel a thing"

Kelly said...

She looks sooo happy! I love it. And I still can't believe how good she is doing. We miss you guys.

Kasey said...

Jake is awesome! I love what he said. What a great thing for him to do for Makynna. I'm so glad things are going well for her. I love the little beanies she had on in the previous post. She really does look happy. I'm so glad!

Shelly said...

I love Kenna's smile. She is so adorable.