Thursday, December 21, 2006

Our Big Day!!!

So yesterday was our big day. Jacob had to be at the hospital by 6 o'clock and his procedure started at 7:30 a.m. He went into it like a pro. He never complained once. When it was all over and he woke up from it he made the comment to Craig " its already over, I didn't even cry". I am so glad that that's over. They had to take the bone marrow to the labs a split the bone morrow from the red blood cells because Jacob and Makynna are different blood types. Don't ask me how they did that. Then Makynna got the bone marrow by 1:00 an finished by 6:00. She is doing really well. She hasn't even gotten to sick but it can still come because her white blood cells are at zero. We just have to be really careful. Jacob is doing really good to he was running a couple hours after they took his bone marrow. He never complained about being sore. Man Kids are so tough. We don't give them enough credit. I couldn't be more please with the hospital and the staff they are awesome. Know it is a wait and see game. It could take 4-6 weeks until we know if Makynna has taken on to Jacobs bone Marrow.

4 comments:

Community Vision said...

Tasha, you are very strong, and I know you will look back on this time and think I thought I would never make it but you will. Thank God for having such wonderful families. We are praying for you. Danielle. Makynna is a trooper.

Sarie said...

Wow, Tasha, I am so glad the procedure went well! I am so glad you have a blog so I can keep up on everything you are going through!!!!!
We love you.

Lindsey said...

You are so strong, Tash. And so is Jake! I love that boy and I how tough he was during it all. He and Makynna will always have a special bond. You are all in my thoughts and prayers! love you.

Teri said...

Hi Tasha,
This is Teri Lockhart. I've been talking with your Mom and found out about Makynna. I will pray for you and your little one. Remember God is our strength. We need to lean on him. This is just a trial in your life and God will stand by you every step of the way. Love Teri