Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Why?

On Monday around 4:30 p.m. My cousins little girl Vanessa and her two friends Ashley and Nicole(twins) were heading off to Soccer. They were taking their normal route when two young kids came up behind them going 100 mile per hour drag racing on the highway. One of the racing cars hit the vehicle that these three 9 year old girls were in causing them to flip about 10 times until they came to a stop. Vanessa and Ashley and the mother (which was the driver) got out but the sweet little Nicole died on impact. It makes me so angry because of these two stupid boys thinking it would be fun to race 100 mph to get the thrill of who beat who, but instead it ending up in a tragedy killing a 9 year old girl. She was a twin sister to Ashley and Best friend of Vanessa. My kids played with the girls almost everyday because they live right down the street from my parents. It is a horrible tragedy and is every parent worse nightmare. The worse part about this story is one of the vehicles got away and is no were to be found. We are thankful for who was able to walk away from it because looking at the vehicle nobody should have walked away from it. Give your loved ones a hug and tell them that you love them everyday because you never know when its going to be the last.

This is a picture of Vanessa(left) and Nicole(right)



This is a 2002 Tahoe

7 comments:

Sarie said...

That is so sad. My heart aches!

Christi said...

Tasha, I am so sorry. I cannot even imagine the pain your family is feeling right now. I'm thinking and prayer for you all.

Alex and Mitch said...

wow that is so sad. it makes me so mad that people can be so stupid sometimes. i'll have to call natalie and ask her more about it.

Oakenfoldgrl said...

How tragic. You would think that people would learn huh? Her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Celeste said...

Oh my gosh that is so sad. Hearing things like this scares me so much.

Marc Gingell said...

That's just awful. Our neighbor was run over by the school bus and killed this year. My kids played with him and it is always hard to help a little child deal with something that tragic.

Kinsey said...

My eyes are full of tears right now! So incredibly sad. The picture of the car makes it all the more devastating. It's amazing that three people survived. So unnecessary.